Plaque is a common substance that can be found on the teeth. Do you know any natural ways to get rid of plaque?
Eating the right foods can fuel the body and help you feel energetic, sleep better and prevent sickness. These foods can also damage the teeth without you even knowing about it. Having good nutrition is beneficial for oral health as well as total health. Filling the diet with fresh produce, nuts and seeds, legumes, lean meats and whole grains. These foods contribute to a more alkaline state in the body, which defends against bacteria and inflammation.
You need to avoid food with artificial preservatives, artificial sweeteners, food coloring, high-fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, refined flour and partially hydrogenated oils. These foods contribute to an acidic state in the body, which increases the bacteria and creates inflammation. Eating sticky or sugary foods help the bacteria grow in the mouth that leads to plaque and tooth decay.
1. Detergent foods: Foods like celery, apples, carrots, cucumbers, pears, lettuce all clean the teeth. These foods require so much chewing that it removes the plaque from the teeth.
2. Fruits: Fruits and vegetables are natural abrasives and eating those scrubs the teeth.
3. Onions and garlic: These vegetables are good and somewhat bad for oral health because they can cause bad breath, but they kill bacteria in the mouth, and they have powerful bacteria-busting power because of their antimicrobial sulfur-containing compounds.
4. Cranberries: These berries contain polyphenols which keep plaque from sticking to the teeth and lowers the risk of cavities.
5. Raisins: Raisins contain no sucrose that causes bacteria to stick to the teeth and produce plaque.
6. Shiitake Mushrooms: These mushrooms contain lentinan that is a naturally occurring sugar that prevents mouth bacteria from forming plaque.
7. Cheese: People who eat cheese have lower acid levels in their mouths. Cheese helps neutralize the plaque acid and chewing increases saliva production and helps wash out bacteria in the mouth.
8. Essential oils: oils like eucalyptol, menthol, and tea tree helps kill bacteria in the mouth. These oils keep the gums from becoming inflamed.
9. Orange peels: Orange peels helps with plaque removal.
10. Sesame seeds: Slowly eating sesame seeds helps remove plaque from the teeth, but don’t swallow them.