Quinoa Fritters With Garlic Aioli (Gluten-Free!)
Serves 2 — 3
Ingredients for quinoa fritters
- 2-4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 medium eggs (replace with mashed potato for vegan)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cups blanched almonds or cashews, soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. organic Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 — 1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Mix all the fritter ingredients in a bowl.
Add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat.
Using a soup spoon, scoop out the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch.
Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
To make the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients (except the water) in a high speed blend and blend until well combined. Then slowly add the water and blend until the garlic aioli has a nice and creamy consistency.
Serve and enjoy.
By Vanessa Vickery
July 23, 2014 4:14 AM EDT